Quickbooks Integration Help

makeshift_theory

My manager has just asked me to look up some info on integrating a mysql/php driven database structure and connect it to a Quickbooks platform.  My original thought was to convert the mysql data into iff(quickbooks) or csv(Excel) however I do not think they will want to go that route?  Does this sound like a xml model application?

That's what I was talking to my manager today about basically here's what he told me in a nutshell.  Basically when a customer makes a purchase on this client's website, the order get's logged in the mysql database.  They also want it to log that order into the client's Quickbooks Suite, I have not used Quickbooks that much so I don't know exactly all there is to know about it.  I know that it handles CSV and IFF files which I can convert the database into however they do not want to have to import or export anything they want it to be fully automatic.  With that said I think the best thing to do is on every purchase dump the DB into Quickbooks somehow and have it update in ASC order.  So to answer your question, yes I believe it's real time.

I think this link will be useful to you  ;)

[url=http://developer.intuit.com/QuickBooksSDK/Resources/Default.asp?id=97]Intuit Development[/url]

I also just "Googled" [url=http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=quickbooks+%2Bwebsite+%2Bintegrate]quickbooks +website +integrate[/url] and got some good results.

Regards
Rich

Well actually I think I'm saved, I can indeed go straight from the database to a iff file.  Now my question with this information, I opened the iff file in Excel and it seems to just be formatted like a CSV so is it possible to just do a fopen() and write directly to this file or do I need to add something to my headers?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.