MVC:

Design Patterns:

Custom template engines:

Database design:

Frameworks:

Performance and security

PHP

MySQL

This is already starting to turn in a pretty comprehensive list, but feel free to suggest additions, please!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to suggest this article from Sitepoint (original version here) as it was the first to properly open my eyes to PHP-based template "engines" and how easy it is to make a lightweight template class using PHP as its native syntax.

For those a bit baffled by Smarty and suchlike, with the new set of syntax they introduce, the article is perfect.

Cheers

Mark

I'd like to suggest this article from Sitepoint (original version here) as it was the first to properly open my eyes to PHP-based template "engines" and how easy it is to make a lightweight template class using PHP as its native syntax.

For those a bit baffled by Smarty and suchlike, with the new set of syntax they introduce, the article is perfect.

Cheers

Mark

I read the original before. It's up there.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I would like to suggest my own PHP2XMI / PHP2UML tool with web interface for the "UML Software" category:

http://www.gammelsaeter.com/php2xmi/

It parses PHP classes and generates interfaces, classes, inheritance, implementation etc as an XMI file. The XMI output has been tested with argoUML, StarUML and Umbrello, and works perfectly.

I am very interested in feedback and suggestions to improve. I can mention that I have plans to extend it with Umbrello support in the XMI output so that the classes already is set up and the user do not have to put every class and interface in the right place.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...