Windows 7 won't boot or repair

tibberous

I was running Windows 7 on a Raid 1+0 array. I needed to get something off an old hard drive (mysql databases, needed to boot the old os and export them as .sql's), so I booted into XP, and it didn't have a RAID driver installed.

For some reason, it screwed up the Windows 7 drive so it won't boot or repair. I installed the RAID driver on the XP computer and am now able to see the Windows 7 files, but I don't know how to get Windows 7 to boot. I tried the option to fix startup errors, and I don't want to system restore because it never worked in XP and i'm worried it screws up all my programs.

You probably just messed up your boot records.  Check your boot.ini file in the root of the hard drive your bios tries to boot to first.  There's a CD you can get called 'ultimate boot cd' which has tons of useful tools, including some stuff that fixes boot issues quite well. 

I guess my problem is with my boot/bcd file. When I try and run the command line command to fix it, it says it can't find a version of windows, even though on the screen right before it, it has my version of Windows. I think the problem is with my RAID driver. I loaded the RAID drivers in the Windows repair screen and everything shows up, but I think there are certain repair tools that ignore them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.