PHP worked, now 3 months later doesnt?

Learning PHP and 3 months ago installed EasyPHP and did some basic webpages. I.E. Hello world, find the circumference of a circle, etc.  They all worked great. I got busy, and three months later returned to my old programs and they don't work on my side anymore? So I tried some generic webpages from the web and they didn't load up the PHP either. I have no idea what would have caused this, have searched for an answer but couldn't find any. Any thoughts of what might have caused my PHP to stop working, and what I could do to fix it?

Thanks so much.

What happens exactly?  Do the apache error logs say anything?

So I tried some generic webpages from the web and they didn't load up the PHP either.

Not sure what this means.

Concerning the question about generic webpages what I meant was things of this nature:

<html>
<head><title>Factorials</title></head>
<body>

<?php
echo "hello word";
?>

</body>
</html>

Checked the error log and got various errors related to missing favicons, images, things of that nature, but they were all time stamped in the past and weren't related to the current webpage I was running. There were no current errors, nothing... I tried a javascript snippet to see if that worked, and it did, just not php.

Okay after extensive research and testing I still don't have an answer to my problem, but I think I can ask the question better.

I am not having issues viewing php enabled webpages online, it is only when I do a local view that the php doesn't show up. So I would assume that I have installed something incorrectly. I use EasyPHP and uninstalled and reinstalled it. Apache, PHP, PHP administration, and MYSQL were all installed but when I try to view  a webpage in local view it still will not show the php portion of the page. Any ideas?

• 2 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.