CMS PHP

jaymc

Im creating a CMS system to run multiple websites.

The content and templates are all stored in a mysql database and the only use of files is for the php code/classes that generates the pages.

The problem I have is some of the pages generated from the CMS must allow for dynamic output hence I will need the use of PHP.

I know eval() can execute data e.g straight from a mysql database but that would pretty much allow a user to have some serious access to the system.

Can anyone think of a better solution? It would be good if I could use eval() alongside some good security limitations that stopped them from using certain functions related to reading files / delete functions.

Your not exactly describing your issue very well, but it sounds to me like your design is floored somewhere.

I have a CMS that runs multiple (currently almost 300) web sites. Know where within this system do I need to store php within a database or allow clients to edit any php.

This thread is more than a year old.