Search engine help

ChaosKnight

Hi, I have redesigned an old static HTML website into a dynamic PHP website. The URL didn't change, and I saw through Google's webmaster tools that the bot crawled through the website but couldn't find the pages. I'm a bit worried, do I have to do something before Google and the other major search engines will update the website in their search results? Do I have to make a sitemap?

Please help me

Thanks

I use codeigniter, so I have dynamic URLs, lets say I have a URL that routes to the countries page:

www.example.com/countries/

and in the countries I have several dynamic links to several countries, for example:

www.example.com/countries/south-africa/

Should I define the extra /south-africa/ parameter also in the sitemap's <loc></loc> tags, or is www.example.com/countries/ enough?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.