Masked Armory -- Anonymous WoW Armory Solution Review

shanejeffery86

Hey all.

World of Warcraft has a very large user base and a lot of people end up selling their accounts at one point or another.  I have created Masked Armory so that people have a very streamlined system by which to show off their character without the risk of being caught by Blizzard (the creator of the game).  This site piggybacks on the creation of Masked Crusader (http://www.maskedcrusader.com) which is an buying, selling, and trading community for games like World of Warcraft, Runescape, Aion, and much more.

Here is a link to the main part of the site: MaskedArmory.com

Links to example live armories:

Anonymous Level 80 Human Mage Profile | MaskedArmory.com

Anonymous Level 80 Gnome Warrior Profile | MaskedArmory.com

Anonymous Level 80 Tauren Druid Profile | MaskedArmory.com

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I don't know anything about WoW so I can't comment on it's functionality in relation to the game. But, from a design aspect I think it's well done. It's clear, easy to navigate, and the color scheme is extremely consistent. I think some text element would maybe look better as graphics done in photoshop but other then that it's a very nicely designed site.

I play World of Warcraft and this site is pretty good.

Too bad the wowhead images don't load here on school. Wowhead.com is blocked :0

Even tought I hate the Gearscore addon, try to add that same calculator for each gear set users can add. Should be do-able, www.wtfismygearscore.com has that function too

The white writing on the green health bar is blinding.  I'd change the font for the header as well(Level 80 Human Mage), something a little more relative to the game maybe.  Look into sIFR as well, it handles font smoothing.  Last thing, the "Specific Stats" box drops around 15-20px when you click "Ranged", for the sake of consistency I'd suggest making it stay one fixed size.  All in all, very nice site.  Good colors, well proportioned, and the item mouseovers are very nice as well.

very nicely done, The look and feel of the site is nice. Small thing i noticed however that bothers people like me, since i am one to be picky and all, lol, but that being that when you click on a checkbox, rather than a red X being placed in it, perhaps a nice green checkmark? therefore meaning you want that, making more since then having a red x which normally means you don't want that. Just something small and hardly worth complaining about :)

Thank you guys all so much for the kind words.

I just got finished last night with rewriting the Gearscore addon for web use (LUA -> PHP).  It was no easy feat.  Now, when you create a profile, your gearscore is calculated and put on the frontpage of your armory.  No other anonymous armory has this solution.

Updated Armory Links With Gearscore Calculation:

http://www.maskedarmory.com/wow-armory-profile-287.html

http://www.maskedarmory.com/wow-armory-profile-291.html

http://www.maskedarmory.com/wow-armory-profile-292.html

@shortysbest --

I wanted to keep things consistent with the red text and the red in the logo.  The green would have just thrown it off.  I do see what you are saying in that it could be construed as the options are currently turned on and the red X could mean that you are turning them off, when you are actually turning them on.  I will see if I get any complaints about that and then look into changing it if need be.

very nicely done, The look and feel of the site is nice. Small thing i noticed however that bothers people like me, since i am one to be picky and all, lol, but that being that when you click on a checkbox, rather than a red X being placed in it, perhaps a nice green checkmark? therefore meaning you want that, making more since then having a red x which normally means you don't want that. Just something small and hardly worth complaining about :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.