Jump to content


Photo

Unable to access any website that uses apache server?


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 screamer141

screamer141
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • Newbie
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:34 AM

I don't use Apache, I'm just a web surfer. For the last three weeks, any website I try to go to, that uses apache either gives me this:"Forbidden  You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at xx.xxx.xxx.xx (my IP) Port 80" or I get a redirect to www.greatcasinoworld.com. I have yet to find any other help, using google concerning this problem. I looked at the Apache Server FAQ and about the only thing I could find suggested that I had been banned? I have run numerous virus checkers in safe mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                                                                Screamer141

#2 Kris

Kris
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,755 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:21 AM

Considering that you are getting redirected to a casino website, I would imagine your machine has been infected with something. Have you tried running software that scans for other malicious programs other than viruses? For example, spyware and malware.

#3 oldmanice

oldmanice
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 134 posts
  • LocationIn Your Garden At Night

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:32 PM

Yes this was happenig to me. I was told by an internet expert to try to delete my cache files. Then once I done it it was ok agian. you should consider this
Join my Froums www.phpbbplanet.com/darkwinter

#4 R_P

R_P
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:22 PM

Sounds like you have a browser hijacker. Try running one or both of these:

Adaware:
http://www.download....ubj=dl&tag=top5

Spybot S&D:
http://www.safer-net...load/index.html
Pro in: Win2K3S | Apache2 | PHP5 | Perl5 | MySQL | MSSQL | Firefox | Photoshop
Student of: Ubuntu6 | Java | C | VB.NET | ASP.NET
Developer: Roddzilla Webstudios, Burrson CG, DVIDSHUB, The Four Nations
Student: Georgia Tech, Georgia Tech College of Computing

#5 screamer141

screamer141
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • Newbie
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for all your inputs. They are most appreciated. I am still having the same problem. This is what I've done: I have run ad-aware, True sword, spybot, avast,ewido,hijack this, and smit fraud fix in normal as well as Safe Mode. I did find some malware. But, even after removing them the problem didn't change. I also deleted the cache, cookies, etc in Firefox and IE. I am goping to try the Hijack This forum and see what I can come up with. I will report back what I find.
                                                            Screamer141


#6 screamer141

screamer141
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • Newbie
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:45 AM

I fixed it! I went back into safe mode and ran Hijack This. I deleted the browser redirects, ran Smit Fraud Fix and it is good to go. Thank you for all your inputs and ideas. They really helped!
                                Screamer141




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users