SOLVED 2 Repeat Regions

ltoto

so I am tryin to do something with a repeat region inside another repeat region, i have used the code below

[code]<?php
}

while ($row_rsDeals = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsDeals)) {

if($row_rsPages['Id']== "15")
{

$row_rsCountry = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM 'Id' ORDER BY 'countryName' ASC") or die(mysql_error));

while($row_rsCountry=mysql_fetch_array($row_rsCountry))
    {
        echo '<h2>'. $row_rsCountry['countryName'] .'</h2>';

$row_rsRegion = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `regionName` WHERE countryName = '".$row_rsCountry['Id']."' ORDER BY `region` ASC") or die(mysql_error());

while($row_rsRegion=mysql_fetch_array($row_rsRegion))
        {
            echo '<br />' . $row_rsRegion['regionName'] . '<br />';
        }
    }
}
}
?>[/code]

so how it works is that there is a list of countrys, and withing the countrys there are a list of regions from that country, when i use this code though, i get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ')'

which is on this line : $row_rsCountry = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM 'Id' ORDER BY 'countryName' ASC") or die(mysql_error));

any suggestions

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's becouse you use one variable name to define query and result. Try something like this:

[code]$row_rsCountry_Q = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM 'Id' ORDER BY 'countryName' ASC") or die(mysql_error));
while($row_rsCountry=mysql_fetch_array($row_rsCountry_Q))[/code]

[code]
<?
if($row_rsPages['Id'] == "15"){
$row_rsCountry_Q = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM 'Id' ORDER BY 'countryName' ASC") or  die(mysql_error());
while($row_rsCountry=mysql_fetch_array($row_rsCountry_Q))
echo $row_rsCountry['countryName'];
$row_rsRegion_Q = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM 'Id' ORDER BY 'regionName'= '"$row_rsCountry['Id']."'ORDER BY `countryName` ASC") or  die(mysql_error());
while($row_rsRegion=mysql_fetch_array($row_rsRegion_Q))
echo"<br />"$row_rsRegion['regionName']."<br />";
}
}
}
?>
[/code]

sorry a little confused, so i have done that, but do i now need to change the Q bit?

sorry im still a bit of a newb

i just got a bit confised, i understnad now, although this code still brings up an error from this line

[code]$row_rsRegion_Q = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM 'Id' ORDER BY 'regionName'= '"$row_rsCountry['Id'] "'ORDER BY 'countryName' ASC") or  die(mysql_error());[/code]

the error is
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in

Try this:

[code]<?php
while ($row_rsDeals = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsDeals)) {

{
$row_rsCountry_Q = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM 'Id' ORDER BY 'countryName' ASC") or die(mysql_error());
while($row_rsCountry = mysql_fetch_array($row_rsCountry_Q))
{
}
$row_rsRegion_Q = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `regionName` WHERE countryName = '".$row_rsCountry['Id']."' ORDER BY `region` ASC") or die(mysql_error());
while($row_rsRegion = mysql_fetch_array($row_rsRegion_Q))
{
}
}
?>[/code]

that seems to of solved that probelm but gives me this error

[b]Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in[/b]

which is the last line of the page with nothing on it

EDIT: i seem to have this working now with this code:

[code]<?php

{
$row_rsCountry_Q = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM 'Id' ORDER BY 'countryName' ASC") or die(mysql_error());
{
}
$row_rsRegion_Q = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM 'regionName' WHERE 'countryName' = '".$row_rsCountry['Id']."' ORDER BY 'regionName' ASC") or die(mysql_error());
{
}
}
?>[/code]

but have this:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''Id' ORDER BY 'countryName' ASC' at line 1

so for example this

[code]<?php

{
$row_rsCountry_Q = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM 'Id' WHERE 'Id' ORDER BY 'countryName' ASC") or die(mysql_error());
{
}
$row_rsRegion_Q = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM 'regionName' WHERE 'countryName' = '".$row_rsCountry['Id']."' ORDER BY 'regionName' ASC") or die(mysql_error());
{
}
}
?>[/code]

EDIT: Just noticed that this bring up the same kind of error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''Id' WHERE 'Id' ORDER BY 'countryName' ASC' at line 1

sorry for being so thick by the way, normally i would spend time trying to figure it out, but I am running out of time now thats all

i tried that but it just takes that bit off of the error, eg

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''Id' WHERE 'Id' ORDER BY 'countryName'' at line 1

so now the code is this

[code]$row_rsCountry_Q = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM 'Id' WHERE 'Id' ORDER BY 'countryName' ") or die(mysql_error());[/code]

this error:

Table 'totaltravel.Id' doesn't exist

i think i understand, where it says from Id, i must put the name of the tabe so

tabCountry for example is the name of the country table

EDIT: it seems to be error free now, but nothing is actually showing on the page

i made a mistake with the Deals recordset, so the code now is

[code]<?php

{
$row_rsCountry_Q = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM tabCountry WHERE 'Id' ORDER BY 'countryName' ") or die(mysql_error());
{
}
$row_rsRegion_Q = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM tabRegion WHERE 'regionName' = '".$row_rsCountry['Id']."' ORDER BY 'regionName' ") or die(mysql_error());
{
}
}
?>[/code]

i cant see why it is not now showing on the page, so maybe someelse can see

[code=php:0]
mysql_query("SELECT * FROM tabCountry WHERE 'Id' ORDER BY 'countryName' ") or die(mysql_error());
[/code]

I'm assuming that with this piece of code that you want to select every country?  If so, you can drop the [color=red]WHERE 'id'[/color] as it's not actually doing anything unless you specify something after it, such as [color=red]WHERE id = '$num'[/color]

We seem to be going around the houses here, to help us to help you, can you provide us with your table names and a list of the columns in those tables?

Regards
Rich

The country table is:

tabCountry:

id
countryName

and the Region Table is

tabRegion:

id
regionName

there is also a table after this , so when they click on region, the list of hotels on that region appear, on a new page:

tabHotel:

id
hotelName
hotelCountry
hotelRegion
hotelImage
hotelDescription
hotelRating

in the CMS to this, there are drop down menus for The COuntry and Region,  in the hotel section.

I hope this helps

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.