Help with googlebot

ChaosKnight

Okay, so I verified my website on Google Webmaster Tools for http://hotels-tours-safaris.com and for http://www.hotels-tours-safaris.com and set my preferred domain as www.hotels-tours-safaris.com, I uploaded a sitemap in xml format, and google validated and found no errors. I have a robots.txt file that contains all the necessary blocks and I have left a line open before the sitemap reference (that's a suggestion on some other sites  :confused:  )

I have validated all my html and css, set a content-type, used the html5 doctype. My URLs are search engine friendly, I have unique title tags and description tags on each page, there are nno duplicate content on any page. The only thing I can think of that counts against me is the fact that I just removed the old pages and uploaded the new ones without setting up redirects, but my web host is busy setting up my custom 404 page to return a 200 instead of a 404.

Can someone please check what else I have to do before my website is completely clean and a perfect candidate to get indexed. Also, where can I get some good quality backlinks to get the googlebot back to my website? I tried facebook status updates, messages and twitter tweets, but that didn't seem to work... And the Googlebot hasn't crawled my website since 24 June, and hasn't even seen my sitemap (I added it the evening of the 24th, after the last crawl.)...

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.