header("Location:login.php");
	endif;
	}
else:
header("Location:login.php");
echo "hello";
endif;

}

If you notice in the else statement at the end there is a header redirect. It doesnt work. It does work though if i make it the first thing in the function. Also, the function echo's out the hello in the else statement at the end.  This function is called before the head tag. Any ideas?

You cannot output ANYTHING (including a html doctype tag or any other character) before you use a php header() statement as that prevents the header() from working.

If you were developing and debugging your code on a system with error_reporting set to E_ALL and display_errors set to ON in your master php.ini, php will help you by reporting and displaying all the errors it detects.

Could you not put ob_start(); at the begining of the script and ob_end_flush(); at the end?

To could, or you could just do it correctly in the first place! :P

Yer ok ok lol. I just thought aswell. If you're gonna redirect to another page. Why echo on that page?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.