47 replies to this topic

#41 redbullmarky

redbullmarky
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,863 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:53 PM

...good way to keep tabs on them asynchronously.  Blogging seems...

Web 2.0 anyone? :)

i do find something a little funny here.

"i think myspace is a load of rubbish, but i was just messing around ... my myspace address is..."
"i got one cos of xyz and never update it ... my myspace address is..."
"i only went on there for 2 minutes cos i was curious and hated it ... my myspace address is..."
"i only use it to chat to my real friends". ahem. telephone? knock their door?

is anyone else apart from me actually proud enough to say "i have a myspace account, and i dont give a flying fk what anyone else thinks"? hehe never mind.

i think it was mentioned before but it's always funny to see people say "yeah, i have several hundred friends...". really? and remind me again, how many tens of thousands of miles away do they live and how many times you've met them?

;D
"you have to keep pissing in the wind to learn how to keep your shoes dry..."

I say old chap, that is rather amusing!

#42 neylitalo

neylitalo
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,854 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:46 PM

i think it was mentioned before but it's always funny to see people say "yeah, i have several hundred friends...". really? and remind me again, how many tens of thousands of miles away do they live and how many times you've met them?

;D

Exactly. :D And how many of them don't have you as a friend just so their friend count is one greater? I'd be willing to bet that 80% of the "friendships" on myspace are just to boost the friend count.
http://nealylitalo.net - My personal website, and home of The Netizen's Journal.

#43 Mutley

Mutley
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:15 PM

I don't have a MySpace, I visit it often though, as alot of people I know have it that have moved a way and it's a good way to see what they are upto. I don't mind the place, it's a healthy community, if people enjoy it that's all that matters and I think it's good that people use basic HTML (no matter how terrible some profiles look) we all have to start somewhere, hell, I started on AOL Hometown using Microsoft Word.

What I don't like, is how capital thirsty companies grasp myspace in the palms of thier hands dribbling over how much cash they make from advertisements and trickery.

So I think to be honost, you guys need to lighten up on the community side of myspace.
~ Mutley.

#44 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:37 PM

i think there is a valid use for myspace accounts, but not on the personal level. i have a friend who plays and does lead vocal in a band, and their only web presence is their myspace account, and they have booked tons of gigs just from the community presense on there. for a business venture like that, i think it's a great way to get your name out there. but then again, i guess you would have a groupie list instead of a friends list ;)
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#45 Black_Wolf

Black_Wolf
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:56 PM

I had one but deleted it because it was stupid all of the peoples friend list half of them they dont even know. And ive seen men with all hot ladys as there friends and half of those ladys where men.

#46 neylitalo

neylitalo
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,854 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:33 PM

And ive seen men with all hot ladys as there friends and half of those ladys where men.

Welcome to the internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.
http://nealylitalo.net - My personal website, and home of The Netizen's Journal.

#47 SharkBait

SharkBait
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 845 posts
  • LocationMetro Vancouver, BC

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:00 PM

That comment about Geocities and MySpace sounds familar.

I miss Geocities it was cool back in the day when I needed a free webhost to tinker around with.

I dont have a MySpace account, no reason too either. I have my own webservers and my own web development knowledge.

What I hate is when people think something on the web is the internet.

Bob: OH yea, I'm using the internet, come see my page at blahblahlbah
BobbySue: I can't get the internet to work, the Big Blue 'E' isnt doing anything when I click on it

How I miss the days of IRC (when EfNet was the only one around), Archie, Veronica, Gopher, and Mosaic was the only graphical web browser.  Lynx was my best friend.... When no on knew about Napster and it wasn't corrupted by computer illiterate people etc ;)

</rant>

Geesh I feel old, but I'm not really not 'old'...

#48 txmedic03

txmedic03
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 313 posts
  • LocationCall, TX, USA

Posted 01 December 2006 - 07:34 AM

I have a myspace because one of my ex-girlfriends set it up for me.  That's about all I can say about it.  It's there and um...yeah, I prefer my cell phone or a face-to-face.  One of these days I'll go find the delete button for my account.

SEMPER FIDELIS!

I can't stop you from doing something silly, but at least I can help you do it right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users