Redesigned website

steve55

Hi

I have just redesigned my website and was wondering if you could spare some time to give me some feedback and thoughts please.

I'm particularly interested on thoughts re the look & feel, is it engaging, can you find what you want, can you contact me...etc.

Thank you!

www.stevesims.com

It's pretty buggy.

The request a quote image rollover (at the bottom of the page) doesn't appear straight away, you need to pre-load it.

When swapping to certain pages, the drop down menu for "What we do" just appears on it's own for a split second.

For the design (only how i would do it, you may not agree but here's my input)

The "Click here to see our website portfolio or click here to request a free quote" is a little in your face with the colour of the rollover for the links, i think a softer grey would be better than black.

The tooltip on the headings of page title's is kinda pointless, they pretty much repeat what the heading says.

The rounded corners of the search box and drop down rollovers is nice, however i think the other rounded things on the site should have the same radius on the rounded corners as the search box etc.

Other than the things pointed out it's nice, a little plain but nice.

I like how your site looks.  Colours go well with each other, but you should be haul into the streets and shot for three things.

"Our bespoke web design agency creates effective, stylish & bespoke web development, logo design, seo services and affordable website design packages from only £250!".  Pls never you words like bespoke, custom sounds infinitely better.  I do alot of engineering reports and its best to make sure that Joe Average can understand what your trying to say.  I would also suggest telling your would be clients what SEO means.

Number two.  As your rotating text bar at the top goes through there is a "hidden" link to the quote page.  I would suggest slowing down the pace of the change and making the text a different colour or underlining it.

Number three.  Refer to the attached image.  When going to the quote page the drop down menu becomes visible and stays that way till page is loaded.  This is not the same for your index.

Other than these, no issues with your bespoke site. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.