My first PHP site

isedeasy

Hi everyone,

I have been working hard over the past few months learning PHP, I thought the best way would be to have my own little project going. I built the site from scratch so I hope there are no major security holes  :-\

I am not happy with all the graphics so parts still need to be tweaked and redone.

Some info about the site:

• customizable homepage
  • runs on memcache
  • user ranks
  • admin area
  • xbox live style achievements
  • private message system
  • endless scroll search/category results (not enough content to see this working)
  • ajax edit for posts/comments
  • ajax voting system
  • different views for content
  • bbcode

Its still at a very early stage and its mainly just a portfolio project rather than a buisness. Let me know what you think and what needs to improved, I have some ideas of stuff I would like to add (rss, bbcode editor etc).

anydeal.co.uk

oh and you can login using:

username: phpfreaks

pass: phpfreaks

That design is really nice. Considering it's your first its good!

How long did it take?

Well Its not my first website, its my first dynamic website :P

I am glad you like the design although I am still not 100% happy with it.

The site has been an on off project for about 6 months, thats just been in my spare time whilst learning php.

I enjoy it quite alot.  From the quick once over i gave it i couldnt see any issues.  Other that the fact that if a section didnt have an item the table still appeared.  I would sort that out.

Thanks, I am hoping that the empty sections will start to be filled when I start promoting the site.

To the person who tried to access the admin area just under an our ago, you might want to check your xampp install everything is wide open. Not a good idea with some of the people you can come across on the internet :P

• 2 weeks later...

This looks fantastic. 

I'm a big fan of the 'achievements' list, and I wouldn't worry about the sytling, it all looks brilliant.

Thanks, I have made a few changes over the past couple of weeks and I must admit my design is starting to grow on me :P

have you seen the achievement popups when you unlock one?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.