persistant logon through multiple apps

adunazon

I have a site in which I am using php / MySQL to create secure sessions for my users.  The site is being hosted by powweb who offers forums and calendar apps, both of which my customer wants to utilize.  I am looking for a way to forward / link the general site security to these apps.  Specifically, once a user logs into the website, I want to be able to forward their credentials to both/either the forums and calendar to allow them to use those without requiring additional logins.  The forum is a simpleMachines forum, and the calendar is WebCalendar Free.  I am posting here in the SQL thread because I'd like a way to utilize the db I've set up for the initial logon.

thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.