What is your favorite gaming console  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite gaming console

• XBox
    • XBox 360
    • PS2
    • Gamecube
    • Nintendo 64

I've got both an Xbox and an Xbox 360 of which are my favourites for different reasons.

My Xbox is modified and has a 160GB hard drive, XBMC installed and a power switch installed on the controller - Although it has all of my games stored on the hard drive, I mainly use it now for viewing videos from devices on my home network on my TV.

I like the gaming experience on the Xbox 360, the high def graphics and 5.1 surround sound support on every game is pretty cool and Xbox Live is brilliant.

i haven't had a chance to really play xbox 360, other than the demos at walmart, so i have to default to ps2, which is what i have and i do prefer it over my xbox that i used to have.

i tell you what though, am i the only one looking forward to nintendo revolution?? have you seen the videos, the part where you're sword fighting and stuff? And when you are Link in the new legend of zelda game?? omg it looks sweet!

[quote author=Crayon Violent link=topic=107953.msg433820#msg433820 date=1158185953]i tell you what though, am i the only one looking forward to nintendo revolution?? have you seen the videos, the part where you're sword fighting and stuff? And when you are Link in the new legend of zelda game?? omg it looks sweet![/quote]Yeah they're supposed to be coming out before Christmas aren't they? I've read here and there that they're going to be relatively cheap too - I'll probably pick one up because of that, just to see what it's like...

by "best", what do you mean? the console we are best at, or simply the one we like the best? i'd have to say i'm best at N64 simply because i spent the most time on it, and relatively speaking, since the graphics are toned down a tad, it's easier to follow the sprites on the screen. however, favorite would be a tossup between the PS2 and the GameCube right now. i love the Nintendo titles, but no gaming collection is complete without the final fantasy series, so i've got to have my PS2 for that.

i'm definitely looking forward to the Wii. they are definitely rumored to be the cheapest by far, but i'm just all about nintendo, so i'll have to get one. i will probably eventually have to have a 360 with it, too so i can keep up with all the titles i want. i'm not real excited about the cost of the PS3 at all, especially since i don't want to be paying $70+ per game for blu-ray.

ok, there i go rambling again... btw, i'm at least going to edit the title of this poll to spell "console" correctly so people know what we're discussing :P

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I used to be a huge fan of PS2 and the whole playstation. But xbox360 is far the best console in the world. The graphics are really good, just as good as ps3. The ability to go online and play multiplayer with people around the world is incredible. Yesterday I was chatting with a person from oregon! It felt like they were right there!! Seriously that's pretty beastly.

I live in NJ.

[quote author=TheFilmGod link=topic=107953.msg685664#msg685664 date=1188578299]
I used to be a huge fan of PS2 and the whole playstation. But xbox360 is far the best console in the world. The graphics are really good, just as good as ps3. The ability to go online and play multiplayer with people around the world is incredible. Yesterday I was chatting with a person from oregon! It felt like they were right there!! Seriously that's pretty beastly.

I live in NJ.
[/quote]

I don't own either an Xbox 360 or a PS3, but do I totally miss the point in your post? You say that the graphics in the 360 is as good as in the PS3 and since you (AFAIK) can go online with the PS3 as well, what exactly makes the 360 superior to the PS3?

• 5 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.