Validation Key To Keep From Non-Legit Copies Of Code?

shanejeffery86

Hey all.

I have just written a very sought after PHP class and I do not want people pawning off my work as their own.  I want people to have to register on my forum in order to be able to receive a key.  With this key, they have to enter in the class file, and then somehow I need to validate the key.  I am thinking of putting a validation function in the class and it hits an API that I create that responds back with whether or not the key is valid and whether or not the host machine is the one that the key is registered to.

Does that sound like it would work?  Any steps I could be missing?

Thanks,

Shane

But if your server ever goes down, everyones copies of the class stop working. If for eg. a business is using your class and your server goes down and they lose profit because of you, you could be liable for damages.

It costs a bit for the software, but I generally use Ioncube. Its fairly common now, so getting it running on hosts usually isnt a problem.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.