I have been a loyal member and I think...

The loyal members deserve better titles...

I honestly spend countless hours on this site helping people and always clicking that "show new replies to your posts" button to make sure their problems got solved. I think the OLD system was better, I think this way we get rewarded for our hard work... I havnt been on the site for awhile because I have been working but i always dedicated my time to this site back in the day.. I will be helping plenty of members here and for the years to follow, but really, we deserve something..

I can show you my PM's and you will see the amount of thanks i have gotten from members..

haha inb4 would you like a cookie :)

edit: I also applied for the Author group and i remember i got accepted, but now I am not? I believe this is due to being inactive correct?

how do i apply again? :)

What exactly are you suggesting? We have already determined that activity doesn't really equate to quality. look at me for example 22,000+ posts and I would estimate near half of them are telling people to RTM.

What exactly are you suggesting?

Well I was thinking I nice little "Administrator" Title under my name thorpe, and haha I remember you brother. You helped me ALOT during my noob days..

I believe our status was based on how many posts we have back in the day, right? correct me if i'm wrong..

Maybe we can have a monthly review of the most helpful members, or it doesnt have to be monthly. We can put up a poll and if  a certain user keeps getting "most helpful member" for a straight year he can be promoted?

I know we have  a similiar system, but i feel under appreciated.

If you've got a lot of PMs from people thanking you for helping them, why do you feel under appreciated? Surely knowing that you've made a difference to someone is better than some arbitrary title on a forum.

IMO, I would find a different day job. Helping people online = under appreciation all over the place. I mean, how many times have people actually thanked you and baked you some cookies for fixing their problem? Maybe 1/8th of the people you actually helped? If it is more than that, that should be appreciation enough!

IMO, I would find a different day job. Helping people online = under appreciation all over the place. I mean, how many times have people actually thanked you and baked you some cookies for fixing their problem? Maybe 1/8th of the people you actually helped? If it is more than that, that should be appreciation enough!

Somehow I look (or sound?) like an alcoholic as they always want to buy me a beer.. No one ever bought me one, so I came up with my nifty signature ... which isn't working (partially) either but at least they stop telling they'll buy me a beer.

The loyal members deserve better titles...

I honestly spend countless hours on this site helping people and always clicking that "show new replies to your posts" button to make sure their problems got solved. I think the OLD system was better, I think this way we get rewarded for our hard work... I havnt been on the site for awhile because I have been working but i always dedicated my time to this site back in the day.. I will be helping plenty of members here and for the years to follow, but really, we deserve something..

I can show you my PM's and you will see the amount of thanks i have gotten from members..

haha inb4 would you like a cookie :)

edit: I also applied for the Author group and i remember i got accepted, but now I am not? I believe this is due to being inactive correct?

how do i apply again? :)

In Psychology they told me that everyone is in a group even if they aren't actually in a group, they are part of the group-less group. So not having a title makes you part of the title-less. A great group, full of spirit (and stupidity) I am part of it for years now, nice to have you on board cheers ;)beer%20chug.gif

I never* get PMs from people thanking me for helping them. :(

* OK, maybe once.

Haha :)

your french toooooooo?  or are you just using google translator or something hahaa...

Its not about feeling under appreciating as much as just feeling cool with a title.

making you a administrator will be silly from them if you ask me

it looks like you were and planing to be active but its dangerous in making admins just because they are active because they can at any time delete users they dont like or posts

and i doubt the webmaster stays everyday to backup the db in case theres some retard that wants to delete anything lol

imo you should get added pronto into the Support Group as you are willing to help ppls around and that group only has 2 members .... and one of them has only one damn post ! lol

making you a administrator will be silly from them if you ask me

it looks like you were and planing to be active but its dangerous in making admins just because they are active because they can at any time delete users they dont like or posts

and i doubt the webmaster stays everyday to backup the db in case theres some retard that wants to delete anything lol

I'm pretty sure he was joking about that.

imo you should get added pronto into the Support Group as you are willing to help ppls around and that group only has 2 members .... and one of them has only one damn post ! lol

That group means someone who is financially supporting the website by donating money. He and anyone else can add themselves to that group instantly if they like to.

wasnt joking ... i was just saying that is dangerous in setting an administrator

but the retarded word and blablah didnt applyed to him .. i was just saying that in general

wasnt personally addressed to him

um i didnt knew the group was meant for that

maybe recommend him to the PHPFreaks Recommended ? :)

wasnt joking ... i was just saying that is dangerous in setting an administrator

but the retarded word and blablah didnt applyed to him .. i was just saying that in general

wasnt personally addressed to him

um i didnt knew the group was meant for that

maybe recommend him to the PHPFreaks Recommended ? :)

I dont believe anyone would recommend me at the moment because I have been inactive for quite a bit, now I just work from my office.

I have recently opened an office in Toronto (small one) and I get alot more freetime (computer wise) now because I am on a laptop 24/7..

Anyways boys, Its always a pleasure to help around here, I wasn't very serious when making this thread, maybe a little drunk too haha, just kidding, but I shall be more active and hopefully get promoted.

Thanks everyone, I always loved how the staff around here is so active compared to other boards.

indeed ... just be more active and continue the good job you said you ve done time ago.....

and im sure they may add you

i am just babbling here ...

im on this forums for about 10 days lol

and started posting only 5 days ago xDDD

indeed ... just be more active and continue the good job you said you ve done time ago.....

and im sure they may add you

i am just babbling here ...

im on this forums for about 10 days lol

and started posting only 5 days ago xDDD

Check out my title.. haha XD

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.