Convert php site to .exe

dskanth

Hi all, i have developed a php-mysql web application, which is a school based project.

My client wants the this application to be converted into a .exe file such that it can be installed on his desktop and use it.

How can the php website can be converted to a .exe file and can it be run without the need of a database/server software ?

Please advice.  ;)

There are compilers around for php but you need to program with them specifically in mind. I'm not sure you can just compile a web application (server - client) into an exe and expect it to work. Its a different approach all together.

Also if you wish to distribute MySQL embedded into your application you need to buy a commercial license (or distribute your application on open source license - so why bother compiling it?)

Hi, thanks for your replies. Here, iam also planning to use sQLite for developing the application, instead of MySQL.

But what my intention is that i want my application to be converted into a .exe file, such that the application can be run wven without the web browser.

I heard about the Bambalam extension, but not sure about it.

Please advise.... Thanks.  8)

He could do this with MySQL as well. The point is he wants to have it all as a standalone app.

IMHO the best option would be to rewrite application in some language that's better suited for desktop applications like Java for example.

Hi, i came across this tool, and hope it satisfies my purpose.  :)

Server2Go is a Webserver that runs out of the box without any installation and on write protected media. This means that web applications based on Server2Go can be used directly from cdrom, a usb stick or from any folder on a hard disk without the hassle of configuring Apache, PHP or MySQL.

Server2Go allows you to create a standalone working web site or PHP application on a CD-ROM.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.