7 replies to this topic

#1 makeshift_theory

makeshift_theory
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:23 PM

Just wanted to say that I learned the majority of my phping from this site.  I picked up some books by the guy of Larry Ulman well, all of his books on the subject and I started trying to help people here.  By helping, you learn, simple.  Everyone knows, it's great to learn...BECAUSE  KNOWLEDGE IS POWER =).  Just wanted to say thanks for making a antidote to my addicition.
<b>Emacs</b> it's great for the body.
<br><br>
<b>Trust the TechnoLust</b>

<b><u>Have a question check here:</u></b>
PHP Manual: http://www.php.net

#2 oldmanice

oldmanice
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 134 posts
  • LocationIn Your Garden At Night

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:49 PM

Im sure their happy
Join my Froums www.phpbbplanet.com/darkwinter

#3 Kris

Kris
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,755 posts
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for your thanks, and thank you for being a part of our community :)

#4 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:35 PM

Thanks for the kind words!  We hope you stick around and are able to help others we helped you!

Info: PHP Manual

#5 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:28 PM

Just wanted to say that I learned the majority of my phping from this site.  I picked up some books by the guy of Larry Ulman well, all of his books on the subject and I started trying to help people here.  By helping, you learn, simple.  Everyone knows, it's great to learn...BECAUSE  KNOWLEDGE IS POWER =).  Just wanted to say thanks for making a antidote to my addicition.

Can't tell you how many times I've said that.
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#6 makeshift_theory

makeshift_theory
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:39 PM

Well I just wanted to express thanks, this is a great place to learn and it's how I learned and basically how I got my job so haha.  I now work as the application development project manager at my company.
<br><br>

#7 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 15 September 2006 - 05:01 PM

app dev PM with only 46 posts here?  Goddamn... I should be running Google then!  ;)

Info: PHP Manual

#8 makeshift_theory

makeshift_theory
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:55 PM

Well not just here, I read a lot before I started posting, I wanted to know what the heck I talking about before I started talking about it....that make sense  ???
<br><br>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users