[Perl] New to Database Stuff

Hi,

This may sound really ignorant around here but I will go for it anyway.

I am trying to install an open source file manager that I have made some modifications to on my hosting. This is the base code. http://ecosmear.com/relay/

I have personally never worked with databases before, I mostly just do Web design. Anyway, I am having trouble getting this to work. I get this error at the end of the setup.

Config Files Created
Verifying Perl Installation... for the upload script @ http://thehaitiantriangle.com/datfiles/upload.pl?test ...the upload.pl script seems to be having problems. Try chmod 755 to upload. You may also need to change the 1st line to reflect the path to your perl installation, or in iis map the .pl extension to the perl executable. You may need to enable mod_cgi for .pl files

Everything else was completely fine. It connected to the database that I attempted to set up, created tables, all that stuff.

I do not know what this chmod 755 is, I have looked it up and dont understand where to execute this or whatever I have to do.

Hopefully someone can help. I tried contacting the creator, this is a few years old now though.

I would appreciate it. Again, sorry to bug you guys with this most likely primitive stuff. I just am clueless.

Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.