What's wrong?

Pi_Mastuh

Depends on the format of $fedtime in your database.

Basically you need to retrieve $fedtime; determine today's date; if they're significanylt different, incremnent hunger and write to database.

Try and do that yourself. Post back - with code - if your efforts are unsuccessful.

i'm using

[code]$query = "SELECT * FROM chibifriendspets WHERE monopetID = '$monopetID'";
  $result = mysql_query($SQL,$connection);
$query_data = mysql_fetch_array($result);
$lastDatefed = $query_data['lastDatefed'];

$timespan = strtotime("$today - $lastDatefed");

$hours = strtotime("1 day");

if ($timespan >= $hours);
{
$hunger++;
mysql_query("UPDATE chibifriendspets SET hunger = '$hunger' WHERE monopetID = '".$_POST['monopetID']."'");
}[/code]

But noting happens. The lastDatefed for the pet i'm using to test it is 2006-08-29, which is a lot more then 24 hours from today.

It always helps debug if you echo out variables from time to time. If you add a line like echo $timespan after you 'calculate' it, you'll see just what the problem is ...

I think what you really want in order to compare with yyyy-mm-dd dates is something like:

[code]if (date("Y-m-d", strtotime("-1 day")) < $lastDatefed) {
    echo "ooooo, I'm hungry"; // or whatever you want to do
}[/code]

Nothing happens, I'm using

[code]<? $query = "SELECT * FROM chibifriendspets WHERE monopetID = '$monopetID'";
  $result = mysql_query($SQL,$connection);
$query_data = mysql_fetch_array($result);
$lastDatefed = $query_data['lastDatefed'];
$hunger = $query_data['hunger'];

$timespan = strtotime("$today - $lastDatefed");

$hours = strtotime("1 day");

if (date("Y-m-d", strtotime("-1 day")) < $lastDatefed) {
    echo "I'm hungery";
$hunger++; // or whatever you want to do
mysql_query("UPDATE chibifriendspets SET hunger = '$hunger' WHERE monopetID = '".$_POST['monopetID']."'");
} ?>[/code]

Now it increases their hunger even if you fed them today. It also doesn't update the time last fed. For that I'm using:

[code]$today = strtotime("today");

if ($food == "Food")

{

$hunger--;

mysql_query("DELETE FROM myitemschibi WHERE itemID = '".$_POST['itemID']."'");
mysql_query("UPDATE chibifriendspets SET lastDatefed = '$today' WHERE monopetID = '".$_POST['monopetID']."'");[/code]

No idea what's wrong as we're not looking at the whole script exactly as you have it in it's "not quite working" state.  Take a careful look at your logic, your database queries, and any conditional structures in your script and that should give you some clues.

Remember that while debugging, it's worthwhile echoing all queries so you can see exactly what the querystrings are (not always what you think they should be), and include error traps on all the mysql_query statements.  How to do both is strewn through this thread as examples.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.