Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ImJustBrndn

Number Value and Storing Information In A Database

Ok, I've got an shopping cart system set up on my site right now. Right now I have it posting all the information in and email and sending it to a defined address. I would like to interm post the information to a database. Can someone please tell me how I go about this. I'm semi-new to php and don't have a clue. I would also like to assign a order number to that order so I can track them easier. How do I make php start assigning numbers to all successful orders, in a set order like 1,2,3,4,5 -> 1093, 1094. Like that so they all stay in order. Thanks for the help.

Brandon

That's a big project (for someone new to php).. I suggest you start out with some php tutorials (if you haven't already).

For assigning the order numbers, you can get your database to do this.  If it's MySQL, use auto_increment  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/example-auto-increment.html

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.