stripslashes not working in windows

dgn96744

Ok, first time here, but been developing in PHP for about a year.

I am developing on my laptop (running Windows 2000 Server) for a customer running off an AIX box.
I am using PHP 4.3.3

I recently found out that a portion of code with the function "stripslashes()" works fine when running off the AIX box, but the same script does not work when run on my laptop.

I just tested again by just typing
print stripslashes('/test');
Windows: /test
AIX: test

Is there something in my php.ini file that I need to be setting?

Much thanks in advance :)

stripslashes() is supposed to remove backslashes, not slashes.  Was your example supposed to be with a backslash?

The manual says that the function's behaviour is affected by a configuration directive magic_quotes_sybase ( http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.stripslashes.php )

[quote author=btherl link=topic=108134.msg434631#msg434631 date=1158300574]
stripslashes() is supposed to remove backslashes, not slashes.  Was your example supposed to be with a backslash?

The manual says that the function's behaviour is affected by a configuration directive magic_quotes_sybase ( http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.stripslashes.php )
[/quote]
Oh yeah, sorry I typed it wrong...
I'll try checking out the magic_quotes_sybase and get back

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.