mysql 4.1 + php 4.4 to version 5 upgrade problems......

sambib

I've just tried to upgrade both my php and mysql from to version 5 (respectively) and all my php scripts work except for any that connect to my databases. all i get is a total blank screen and nothing in 'view source', but like i said this is ONLY for scripts that require a databse connection.

I can manipulate my mysql using msql query browser and like I said I can see all of my other scripts, so I'm guessing that it's the config between mysql/php and maybe apache but I've come to a bit of a standstill as to where to go from here. I did mess up the mysql upgrade intially as I didn't stop the mysql service and so uninstalled both the 4.1 and the 5.0 installs. I then re-installed mysql 5.0 and used the GUI tools to create my 'old' database tables. I'd now like to put the data back in from my custom web interface but it's that that is not working (blank screens).

any ideas as to what to test or what to try would be a great help.

EDIT: sorted, I hadnt' loaded the libmysql.dll into the windows folder.... In fact even though I've read the documentation I'd hadn't seen that file mentioned...... :-\

all's well that ends well I suppose!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.