Which is alot faster than scanning the database with

`field` like '%{$query}%'

who says it's faster? do you have proof? your nothing to me w/o proof

You can also use

MATCH `field` AGAINST('{$query}')

HA! nice try - im not writing the script for you.

The only proof you need is my experience with large databases

You can also use

MATCH `field` AGAINST('{$query}')

HA! nice try - im not writing the script for you.

The only proof you need is my experience with large databases

?? I'm not looking for the exact find anyway, your are nothing to me (Im talking about your post) when u decide to put in a statement that might be biased, sorry.

?? I'm not looking for the exact find anyway, your are nothing to me (Im talking about your post) when u decide to put in a statement that might be biased, sorry.

Your funny! But enough with the comedy man.......Your kidding about which is faster right?

Your funny! But enough with the comedy man.......Your kidding about which is faster right?

I dont need to match the right kind. I need to Like. clause.

Azaz you like totally ignored my post, which is also the second post in this thread.

Yea, I got that, thank you!!

I am just curious on why he thinks the other way is faster and it'snot finding like it's finding the exact which i don't need in the first place,lol

Azaz you like totally ignored my post, which is also the second post in this thread.

I am just curious on why he thinks the other way is faster and it'snot finding like it's finding the exact which i don't need in the first place,lol

How old are you? 12yo?

SELECT * FROM  `table` WHERE  `row` LIKE  '%Silvin%' OR `row` LIKE  '%wts%'

and

SELECT * FROM  `table` WHERE  MATCH `row` AGAINST( 'Silvin wts')

Will produce the same result....except MATCH doesnt have to scan the database to find a like and it IS faster

BOOYA!

• 2 weeks later...

How old are you? 12yo?

SELECT * FROM  `table` WHERE  `row` LIKE  '%Silvin%' OR `row` LIKE  '%wts%'

and

SELECT * FROM  `table` WHERE  MATCH `row` AGAINST( 'Silvin wts')

Will produce the same result....except MATCH doesnt have to scan the database to find a like and it IS faster

BOOYA!

I wasn't asking for MATCH RESULTS BUDDY, I am asking for LIKE RESULTS.  Do you really think people are perfect and say everything EXACTLY The same on forums?

Even if i was 12, And learning php i'll be smarter then you when I hit your age so don't come to conclusions just yet .

Instead of acting like such an ass when someone who is trying to help you FOR FREE makes a perfectly valid suggestion, and even provides the reasons that the suggested method would be better, you should at least take the time to read the manual before spouting off when you don't know what you're talking about. You should get really familiar with Google, because you're unlikely to find  people here who will be willing to help someone who behaves like you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.