Updated wordpress and a problem

boxtree

I recently updated a wordpress site to the latest version and now it won't come up, just displays the following message.

Warning: include_once(/home/masow/public_html/giddyjoe.com/wp-includes/pomo/mo.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/masow/public_html/giddyjoe.com/wp-settings.php on line 342

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/masow/public_html/giddyjoe.com/wp-includes/pomo/mo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/masow/public_html/giddyjoe.com/wp-settings.php on line 342

Warning: require(/home/masow/public_html/giddyjoe.com/wp-includes/meta.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/masow/public_html/giddyjoe.com/wp-settings.php on line 364

342  include_once(ABSPATH . WPINC . '/pomo/mo.php');

364  require (ABSPATH . WPINC . '/meta.php');

I'd be extremely grateful if someone could enlighten me as to what is going on here and how I may be able to fix it?

Try this:

342   include_once(ABSPATH . WPINC . './pomo/mo.php');
364   require (ABSPATH . WPINC . './meta.php');

I think you're not familiar with *NIX systems? '/' is the root directory, '.' is the current directory. You want those files relative to settings files, not to the root of the filesystem

Thanks for your reply,

I am definately not familiar with *NIX systems! I put a dot in each of those lines but it still displays this warning.

Warning: include_once(/home/masow/public_html/giddyjoe.com/wp-includes./pomo/mo.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/masow/public_html/giddyjoe.com/wp-settings.php on line 342

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/masow/public_html/giddyjoe.com/wp-includes./pomo/mo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/masow/public_html/giddyjoe.com/wp-settings.php on line 342

Warning: require(/home/masow/public_html/giddyjoe.com/wp-includes./meta.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/masow/public_html/giddyjoe.com/wp-settings.php on line 364

In the area of those lines, all the other lines seem to not have the dot, for example:

require (ABSPATH . WPINC . '/plugin.php');

require (ABSPATH . WPINC . '/default-filters.php');

include_once(ABSPATH . WPINC . './pomo/mo.php');

require_once (ABSPATH . WPINC . '/l10n.php');

if ( !is_blog_installed() && (strpos($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], 'install.php') === false && !defined('WP_INSTALLING')) ) {

if ( defined('WP_SITEURL') )

$link = WP_SITEURL . '/wp-admin/install.php';

elseif (strpos($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], 'wp-admin') !== false)

$link = preg_replace('|/wp-admin/?.*?$|', '/', $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) . 'wp-admin/install.php';

else

$link = preg_replace('|/[^/]+?$|', '/', $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) . 'wp-admin/install.php';

require_once(ABSPATH . WPINC . '/kses.php');

require_once(ABSPATH . WPINC . '/pluggable.php');

require_once(ABSPATH . WPINC . '/formatting.php');

wp_redirect($link);

die(); // have to die here ~ Mark

}

require (ABSPATH . WPINC . '/formatting.php');

require (ABSPATH . WPINC . '/capabilities.php');

require (ABSPATH . WPINC . '/query.php');

require (ABSPATH . WPINC . '/theme.php');

require (ABSPATH . WPINC . '/user.php');

require (ABSPATH . WPINC . './meta.php');

require (ABSPATH . WPINC . '/general-template.php');

require (ABSPATH . WPINC . '/link-template.php');

Any more suggestions? Thanks

I had to sleep and then work.

I have removed the dots.

The files seem to be there from what I can see.

It's frustrating when the site was fine but did this when I updated wp, I'll be backing up first from now on!

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.