New to PHP and E-commerce

Schlo_50

Hello. Im attempting to learn PHP in order to create an e-commerce website. I'd like to include a shopping cart style purchasing system in conjunction with a mySQL database to store items and their descriptions.

My main question is what are the main requirements in terms of the scripts needed in order to make this system work? Also, has anybody out there found a simple to understand tutorial for a enthusiastic person wanting to implement this system? Any tutorials/links/book reccomendations would be great!

;D  Thanks guys!
(Thanks to Huggie for re-directing me)

[url=http://www.google.nl/search?hs=42X&hl=nl&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Anl%3Aofficial&q=e-commerce+php+tutorial&btnG=Zoeken&meta=]Google is your friend[/url] for finding tutorials.

The top ranked looks a pretty good tutorial to start with.

If you decide to do a tutorial, and run into problems while doing so, you're best off posting in php help, it's more appropiate and you'll get a lot more traffic.

If you wan't to discuss the application design or have questions concerning the database design, this is your thread.

Edit: I could give you suggestions on the application structure, but that will probably only distract you when doing a tutorial. Do the tutorial first, then, if you're ready to create your own system we'll help you set out a structure.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.