World of Warcraft

.josh

I got sick of WoW about 6 months ago and sold my account on eBay for 300 bucks which was great because I actually got an actual reward back from my endless hours of playing.  I know it was wrong to do but c'mon, 300 bucks for 300+ hours of wasted life, not a bad trade.

EDIT: I just got a new account because I had nothing better to do and I'm sick of working at the moment.  I'm on Windrunner, lol.

I've heard about it on a couple of the pod/vidcasts I subscribe to (i.e. Geekdrome, Diggnation etc.) but never really looked into what it's all about, I kinda get the impression it could be a dangerous thing to look into, I don't have that much time to play games as it is, plus I have a stack of 360 games to work through still...

Rachle - 60 Paladin, Gilneas

By the way, visited a friend of mine who works as a developer for Blizzard and he had set up the internal alpha for the expansion along with a sandbox server for testing on his home comp. We played for three days straight and made a scale replica of a Greek temple with our Full Throttle cans. His dog then licked the bottom one and the whole thing collapsed. *sigh*

• 1 year later...
On a somewhat related note, I was hankering for some RTS action and installed war3.  I haven't played that in like 2 or 3 years so I was ready to get my butt handed to me.  I log into b.net and win 3 in a row.  It was sad really.

I was on Thrall then did a guild transfer about 2 years back. On Norgannon now.

Sakeen - 70 Human Protection Spec Warrior
TBaggins - 60 Gnome Demonology Spec Warlock
Sakhan - 29 Dwarf Hunter (Twink'd for PVP action)

Yeah it is digital crack, but fun to play as long as they keep adding new content. Like anything, find a balance. Too much of anything is bad.

I do not see it being any different than playing on the XBOX or PS3, could play that for endless hours too.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.