Mass FTP Software

gijew

Hey,

I'm looking for an FTP script/software that can:
- Store multiple connection strings, usernames, passwords for the server.
- Update by schedule or demand.
- Moves file/folders over by the above protocol.

Basically the problem is I have about 70 sites I get to update about every 1-2 weeks and I get to update them all one at a time once the files are in place.  It would be great to take the time to configure a piece of software to go down the list of my connections and transfer everything from one to the next.  I thought about just writing something in PHP but I don't want to mess around with server timeouts, upload status, etc but then again, I'm not totally opposed to it if it works.  Whatever, anyone know of something that might do this?

Thanks  :)

Yeah, I went google thanks.  I posted here because I didn't find what I was looking for.  I've been posting on these boards for the better part of 2 years and have always Googled before asking.  I appreciate the lack of a useful response, really, thanks.

You're right, I should have said that I searched Google first.  I just became apprehensive when I was expecting an actual response and you treated me like I was fresh off the dumb ass bus.  The memory of being there is still fresh but not fresh enough that I smell George W.

I use FlashFXP currently which is pretty sweet when it comes to the basics and even so far as management but as far as mass publishing it's kind of a miss here.  I'll check out the feature list of those pieces of software so thank you.

If anyone has any other ideas of a mass publishing ftp that would be great to let me know.  Thanks again!

PHP has build in ftp support. I'd say take someone's ftp client script of the net, modify it better suit your needs èt voila: you got what you need.

Just keep it simple: an array of connections, one with source directories, one with targets. No need for numerous options or a graphical interface.

'Resistance is futile': just overwrite everything, keep full copies on the client.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.