Suppressing errors with @

plutomed

The bit of code I'm using it on is:

if((@include("languages/".LANGUAGE.".php")) != 1)
{
require("languages/".DEFAULT_LANG.".php");
}

But the error is still be produced. I'm using a custom error handler, is there anyway to include the @ in the custom error handler?

Now thats an even better idea. :D How stupid of me to not think of that.

Even though that has solved my problem. I was reading in the php manual:

It is important to remember that the standard PHP error handler is completely bypassed for the error types specified by error_types unless the callback function returns FALSE. error_reporting() settings will have no effect and your error handler will be called regardless - however you are still able to read the current value of error_reporting and act appropriately. Of particular note is that this value will be 0 if the statement that caused the error was prepended by the @ error-control operator.

If I wanted to see if the @ was there error_reporting will return 0. But I think it will be the best idea to use file_exists() ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.