Saving images in mysql on to server?

d-shade

Hello Ive been using a modified photo gallery script that saves images into the mysql database. I didn't have too much of an issue at first but now that database is starting to get pretty big and thought maybe I would start running into problem.

So im wondering if there is a way i can make some sort of automated script to go through all the table and dump all the images into folders and also create a new table. with all the info put into it.

these are the feilds im using in my table
Id, Views, Bytes, Format, Caption, Comment, ShotAt, PublishedAt, Width, Height, Image, Thumbnail

the biggest problem im having right now is trying to get the images saved onto the server.
the Image and Thumbnails are both blob feilds and both contain image data.

[code=php:0]$result=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `table`");
while($myrow=mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
  $im=imagecreatefromstring($myrow['Image']);
  imagejpeg($im,$myrow['Id'].".jpg",80);
}[/code]

will save all the images to the scripts current directory. after you're satisfied that all the images have been successfully extracted, you can use phpmyadmin to drop the image field across the entire database.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.