URL Screenshot

CanMan2004

I had this coversation meny years ago, I wanted to have the screenshot of a website on a page so i can display the website as dynamickly so when the users website chaged so did the screenshoot but i could not find any help at all.

The only way i got this to work but was a hell of a lot programming and server configureation was to setup a decent screenshoot aplication on the server and then get cron to exitcute the program to take shoots of the sites i had to rename the screenshoots to the name of the url in the database.

It did work and took a shoot at a website every 8 hours and moved the image to a folder and renamed the image correctly but then i started to have problams with bandwidth i needed a lot becouse of this project so i ditched the idear.

I relly had a reel go at this and it's not inpossable,

know there is a person on the net that states that they have the solution to take a snapshot of a webpage and dynamikly keep the page updated so i wanted to no more.

I contackted the user of the dynamic screenshot programmer and got told that he also was using the same method that i inplemented and i did exsplain the bandwidth problam and he also has the same problam and pays a huge 350 dolllars each month to keep his screenshots seen but uses google links to lighteen the price blow.

good luck.

I shere it to all here is a program that took me 3 hours to find and is compatable with most programming programs.

http://www.guangmingsoft.net/htmlsnapshot/help.htm#Support

please read the whole page

ps. it needs areel good programmer to take the challenge and see if they can get it going it is under windows and free if you use there watermark full copy has no watermark but you can intergrate php with it and make a complete php snap shot web site bussiness.

grate man considering it.

good luck.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.