Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pocobueno1388

Not allowing a user to type a character...*SOLVED*

I have a bank script where users can deposit fake game money into their bank. The problem is I don't know how to restict them from depositing negative amounts. So I would like to give the user an error if they submit a number with a negative sign (-). Here is the code that I thought would work...

[code]
$deposit = $_POST['deposit'];

if (eregi('-', $deposit)) {
echo "You can't deposit a negative amount!";
exit;
}
[/code]

I also tried this:

[code]
$deposit = $_POST['deposit'];

if ($deposit < 0){
exit;
}
[/code]

They both just seem to ignore everything, as if I didn't put the code there in the first place.

Any help is appreciated XD Thanks.

When I first read your post you hadn't added that second bit. You edited while I was posting.

Hmm....this is odd. I just tried this and it is totally ignoring the first IF.

[code]
//If they deposit==========================================

if ($deposit == deposit){

if ($deposit < 0){
exit;

} else if (!is_numeric($amount)){
echo "<table width='80%' bgcolor='49614A'><td align='center' bgcolor='788D7A'><b>You must enter a number, do not include a $ sign.</b></td></table>";
exit;

} else if ($amount > $row[money]){
echo "<table width='80%' bgcolor='49614A'><td align='center' bgcolor='788D7A'><b>You don't have that much money to deposit!</b></td></table>";
exit;
} else {

echo "<table width='80%' bgcolor='49614A'><td align='center' bgcolor='788D7A'><b>Successfully deposited $$amount</b></td></table>";

mysql_query("UPDATE players SET bank=bank+$amount, money=money-$amount WHERE playerID='$sid'");

}
}
[/code]

Ughh...I am sorry. This whole time I have been using $deposit instead of $amount as my variable. I solved the problem though. Thanks anyways.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.