php,mysql error

Ressurrector

What happened is I had two php forums on a site that was free hosted. I have restored the site(another host) but I can't seem to get the forums to work. Maybe someone here can decyper this and tell me what I am doin wrong

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'ressurre_phpbb2'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/studioan/public_html/phpBB/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/studioan/public_html/phpBB/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/studioan/public_html/phpBB/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

I have got in files and changed passwords but seems I am doin something very wrong. Hope yall can help.

Did you make backups of your phpBB database from your other host, before you moved to your new host? If you did then you need to restore the database with your Backup you made. Therer is no point in recreated the tables as your phpBB forum will fail to work still.

If you ahve not backup of the database then you need to make a fresh install of your phpBB forum.

[quote author=wildteen88 link=topic=108343.msg435989#msg435989 date=1158499658]
Did you make backups of your phpBB database from your other host, before you moved to your new host? If you did then you need to restore the database with your Backup you made. Therer is no point in recreated the tables as your phpBB forum will fail to work still.

If you ahve not backup of the database then you need to make a fresh install of your phpBB forum.
[/quote]

Well I backed up the site through cpanelx.    Now the forums files are there from what I can tell.  Now moving to a new server you would have to change the database names if I'm right and I did that in config.php to reflect that. I told my host to restore my files like 3 times and they didn't so I just zipped up everything and unzipped on my new hosting through cpanelx. Site is back but forums are not so I edited a config file and made a new database user to that database and pass and directed config to that. Ya know its very possible I didn't back up something I needed but think.  I got it all and hate to reinstall.  Ok maybe I did back up what is needed I have a file called phpbb2.gz file by itself inside is a single file. Also have a phpbb1.gz. Is this a Mysql backup?  These files are not part of the main site backup zip file.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.