[SOLVED] How submit a form in opener window and run in child window?

ronverdonk

I have 3 scripts:
A.PHP contains a form FORMA with a textarea where the user can enter his data. This form also has a button which tells the user that it, when clicked, enables him to see a pre-formatted display of his entered text in a SEPARATE window.
Actually, when clicked, it opens a child window loading script
B.PHP, which submits the form FORMA from A.PHP (using command opener.window.FORMA.submit(). Form FORMA is submitted using POST to
C.PHP which processes the text and displays the formatted result.

My problem is that the result is not shown in the child window, but in the opener window.
How can I make it so that the C.PHP is run in the child window?
Any help is much appreciated.

Ronald   8)

When you open the window using window.open (or the way you open it) give it a name. Set your form target to the window name you assigned. Something like this
[code]
<button onclick="winobj = window.open('test1.html', 'win_name');">Click to open window</button>
<form method="get" target="win_name" action="test2.html" onsubmit="winobj.focus();">
<input type="submit" />
</form>
[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.