Shopping cart recommendations

themistral

I have an ecom site that I want to redevelop.

Currently I am using ZenCart.

I really like the look of Magento, but the lack of template designs puts me off (my own design skills are somewhat limited!).

I have also looked over PrestaShop which looks quite good, and OpenCart.

I am avoiding osCommerce and creLoaded.

I used to work for a company who developed osCommerce shops a few years back, but when I looked at it again last year, it just seemed like the mods had gone out of control and I think there may be a few too many people uploading mods that don't really work.

I'd be really interested to hear from people who have had good or bad experiences with any of the above non-osCommerce software or can recommend anything else!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I like Cartweaver, in large part as it isn't template driven and can therefore integrate into existing sites/designs via include files.

It doesn't have the highly designed look of some of the template driven solutions, but I've foound it to be reliable, easy to use and implement and (with a bit of CSS knowledge) fairly straightforward to integrate.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have an ecom site that I want to redevelop.

Currently I am using ZenCart.

I really like the look of Magento, but the lack of template designs puts me off (my own design skills are somewhat limited!).

I have also looked over PrestaShop which looks quite good, and OpenCart.

I am avoiding osCommerce and creLoaded.

I used to work for a company who developed osCommerce shops a few years back, but when I looked at it again last year, it just seemed like the mods had gone out of control and I think there may be a few too many people uploading mods that don't really work.

I'd be really interested to hear from people who have had good or bad experiences with any of the above non-osCommerce software or can recommend anything else!

Thanks!

A lot of Hosts dislike Magento as it is very bandwidth/server heavy.

Zen cart is a good cart, and is updated regulary.

OSCommerce has far more contributions, but the updates are few and far between

Then there is Open Cart, which i think is brilliant, and i have used all 3 quite a lot.

As for the purchased ones, forget it.....the three above will do the same job, probably better, for free :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.