Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in

:( I have written a query that runs from within dreamweaver when I test the SQL statement. However when I try to view the page from my server I get the following error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in /home/www/hillpark/entertainment/january.php on line 4

I can not see any reason for this, but i'm fairly new to this.

I have posted the full text of the affected page here.

http://www.hillparkclub.co.uk/helpalan.txt

I would be grateful if anyone could tell me what is going wrong with what I have written. B)

as it says, the error is on line 4. you're breaking out of your query definition prematurely by using double quotes. change:

$query_entjanRS = "SELECT * FROM entertainment WHERE entertainment.`date`>="2005-01-01" AND`date`<="2005-01-31" ORDER BY entertainment.`date`";

to:

$query_entjanRS = "SELECT * FROM entertainment WHERE date>='2005-01-01' AND date<='2005-01-31' ORDER BY date";

when selecting everything from one table, you don't need table designation in your field designations.

as it says, the error is on line 4.  you're breaking out of your query definition prematurely by using double quotes.  change:

$query_entjanRS = "SELECT * FROM entertainment WHERE entertainment.`date`>="2005-01-01" AND`date`<="2005-01-31" ORDER BY entertainment.`date`";

to:

$query_entjanRS = "SELECT * FROM entertainment WHERE date>='2005-01-01' AND date<='2005-01-31' ORDER BY date";

when selecting everything from one table, you don't need table designation in your field designations.

188719[/snapback]

;) Thanks very much for your help. Ive got it working now.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.