Very Simple Editor?

When I usually code webpages I just use notepad as I find it easy, simple, and no other features that I don't need. But one thing it lacks which I find really useful is colour code highlighting. No more advanced than when you view a .phps page on the net.

Does anyone know of an [b]extremely basic[/b] php editor that doesn't have much other crap, I'm really just looking for a notepad with colour code highlighting.

Thanks. :)

Note: I'm not looking for the highlighting to pick up errors either, just to highlight functions, html tags, etc.

[quote author=FrOzeN link=topic=108485.msg436441#msg436441 date=1158579936]
Does anyone know of an [b]extremely basic[/b] php editor that doesn't have much other crap, I'm really just looking for a notepad with colour code highlighting.
[/quote]

wow, sounds like you're describing [url=http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm]Notepad++[/url] to a t ;)

[quote author=Daniel0 link=topic=108485.msg438236#msg438236 date=1158777372]
I don't see why people don't want loads of functions. ???
[/quote]

it really depends on what you mean by "functions"... if you mean assistance and ready access to resources and maybe even a built-in FTP client: those are all wonderful for managing an entire site. however, even now as i develop, i'd much rather open notepad++ to write up a simple script or to work out a solution to a question on here than have to worry about revving up a resource hog such as dreamweaver. i leave my hefty apps like that solely for what they have been intended.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote author=FrOzeN link=topic=108485.msg436441#msg436441 date=1158579936]Does anyone know of an [b]extremely basic[/b] php editor that doesn't have much other crap, I'm really just looking for a notepad with colour code highlighting.[/quote]
Sounds like a job for Crimson Editor - http://www.crimsoneditor.com/

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.