I Am Lewy Babes!

JasonLewis

Hey all,

Thought I'd post a link to my recently coded layout, which is all just static content at the moment and none of the links work. It's just to see what it looks like and how it runs in different browsers really.

Would love some feedback on what you guys think of it.

The link is: http://www.iamlewybabes.com

I've tested it in FF3, IE6/7/8, Safari5 and Chrome5 with 1280x800 and 1024x768 resolutions and it looks okay. IE makes it a little crappy, but meh. Also found that on some CRT screens the colors (mainly darker ones) are hard to distinguish and it looks basically black.

Critics welcome.

Not bad.  Crits:

There's a lot of wasted space at the top, between your navigation and introductory blurb.  I'm not a fan of content appearing so low on a page.

Some of the colors for the text (green tags, the orange links at the bottom of your blog entry, the gray copyright) make it hard to read.

Still, overall a thumbs up.

There's a lot of wasted space at the top, between your navigation and introductory blurb.  I'm not a fan of content appearing so low on a page.

Mmm, I know what you mean. I might scoot it up a bit.

Some of the colors for the text (green tags, the orange links at the bottom of your blog entry, the gray copyright) make it hard to read.

Do you dislike the use of the colors in these spots or just the color in general, perhaps make them darker? I'll make the copyright darker though.

I think he means the colors are two bright. You can hardly read the orange unless close to the screen, and can not at all read the bottom copyright info.

Thanks, I was assuming that. I only ask because I can read them, must be my awesome eyes or screen. :D I'll make them a bit darker I think.

Thanks for the crits so far guys.

Hi, Yeah looks better to me. Some people might think you still have a bit to much space up the top.

With the copyright part, I think it you need to separate it from the content, maybe enclose it in a bar so you can see its not part of the main content.

Hm, I'll see how it looks smaller. The size (for me on 1280x800) would show most of the first blog, which is good. But I'll see. Yeah I have a different copyright on my local, haven't uploaded the latest yet. Thanks.

Cheers for the crit man.

Not wasted space at all Lewy (ok maybe decrease height with 20px-25px)! great use of color the red I though could look nice maybe Bold or larger? the text below would be nice if it were aligned full. great job though! nice 2010 design

Thanks fortnox007. Which red needs to be bold or larger? The article title red?

And the text alignment, you're talking about the article text right? You talking about justifying it? I tried that and it didn't look that flash hot, you can test it by changing the P tag with Firebug.

Thanks for the crit, appreciate it. :)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.