how to auto-span the height of <div>???

yana

On the following page [url=http://www.exit911.com]www.exit911.com[/url] I have a blue coloured column on right hand side. I am using <div> tag for and I want it to auto-span in height 100% so that it goes all the way to the bottom of the Copyright bar.

How do I do that? I tried adding height:100% but that doesn't work completely...

I using the following style for it right now:
[code]
.body_right {
width:170px;
padding:15px;
float:left;
background:#EEF1F7;
text-align:center;
}
[/code]

first off, just an FYI, but your page really borks in firefox...

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there isn't a good way to do this as you're intending. you can use pseudo-columns and "fake" it with background colors, though. setting up your entire site to a two column CSS layout with your right column being that light blue background, that will help. then, you drop a background-image into the entire body of the site that forces that right column to [i]appear[/i] to go all the way down even when the content of it doesn't stretch that far.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.