• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Balu

Balu
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:23 PM

Hi everybody! I am working on database oriented web application, but there is a problem with sensible company informations.  :-X
Now I wonder, how to build a database front aplication, which can be run directly on client's commputer, without sending data to foreign Apache server. If I install an Apache server and MySQL, directly to client commputer, he can abuse my PHP script, becouse it is, you know, a script ... >:(
Now the question is: should I develop this application with C#, or Delphi. And which database should I use? I need from my application this features:
- local SQL database
- rendering XHTML
- easy installer from CD, like 1.2.3 ... and done.

So, what do you recommended? C#, or Delphi? And what database to use?

Thanks for advice  :)

#2 craygo

craygo
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,973 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:28 PM

Why would you want a database on each computer. The whole purpose of a database is to have multiple people using it to get the same information. If you have seperate data each person will not have the same information.

Why can't you run a webserver and Mysql from a box on your network. If you have XP professional you can have mysql and php running in about 20 minutes using IIS.

Ray

#3 Balu

Balu
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:45 PM

Hi Ray,

the reason is: "I am the client, I dont belive you, and I will not provide this kind of informations somewhere, where you can read it".

Than I will offer him this: "OK, You can have your own application on your local commputer, and you can public to web only those informations you want"

Balu

#4 craygo

craygo
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,973 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:50 PM

OK well since this is a PHP and mysql forum I suggest you go post in a C++ or delphi forum.

Maybe if you give us a little more detail about what you want to do, we may be able to help.

And since you don't want to use php... Why are you here????

Ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users