Q: Downloading PHP file instead of displaying - whats wrong?

OMorchoe

I am currently testing several PHP-based CMS. One of them is Dragonfly.
Its a clear new install and i would have to access a file to set up the site. but whenever i try that, a download window opens.

The Apache Server it is on seems fine and other PHP-Systems run just fine on it. Since on the Dragonfly-Board nobody seems to know a solution, I thought, I might ask for help here.

Anyone?

PS: Here is a [url=http://cmstest.rpg-community.com/dragonfly/test.php]phpinfo[/url] so you can check for errors - maybe you see something I did not...

Just a wild guess but I know that with php 5 and some pre made scripts they don't use <?php at the beginning of the script....instead they are lazy and just use <? .....mostly you can get away with this but php 5 want's you to open in the proper fashion of <?php or else it will just display the raw code. Hope that is your problem?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.