Please Critique our site www.annexbaseball.com

ipannex

We recently redesigned our website selling wood baseball bats.  www.annexbaseball.com

Any general thoughts are most certainly welcome; specifically ideas on how to turn more visitors into a buyer.

We are using a template, through godaddy.

So if you were looking for a Baseball bat, how do you view our website.....

Is the layout ok?

Are the pictures sufficient or enticing?

Does everything work?

What do you think of the text, wording, etc.

Colors?

How does the site make you feel?

Thanks for your time, honesty, and help.

Tony

First thing that catches my eye, is the logo...which is good. That's alright for that bright orange. However, scrolling down the page my eyes start to hurt as the bright orange text/pic clashes with the light brown background. The beige and white colours are fine for this design, but for text...the orange isn't.

The code you are using isn't valid. But then there are only 6 errors, which shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Spacing is always an issue for layouts, I suggest for you to research grid layouts, as they are perfect for light designs.

Other than that...nice start to a design. Keep up the good work.

Its a nice looking site. However, a large portion of men are shade blind, making it difficult for them to see red and orange on dark background. Especially when the text is small.

I would work on a way to get a lighter background for the text and use black text for the wording of your site.

Overall, nice site and nice idea

although your brand styling uses Red, which is a good thing, I would not use it in your text. It looks like a warning. I would rather use some soft blue instead (so not the default ugly link blue colour). As a nice side effect the red, blue and white use gives it a nice patriotic look without possible offending anyone. Good background colour btw.

Oh small thing I would not use underline for links and if you do, be consistent what you underline. For instance: "Testimonial of the Week" (which was wrong spelled) is underlined but not a link. This is confusing for others.

Anyway nice site your almost there!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.