Anyone else having this problem wth google?

PugJr

There seems to be like a 10% chance that whenever I click on a result, my browser will be redirected to some other totally irrelevant page. I have only had this happen on google. (The pages I get redirected to are usually another search engine.)

Do you think its some sort of virus or has google actually added some feature where you click on a result and it redirects you to something else? The only problem with it being a virus is why only google? And why only 10% of the time? (The 10% isn't a very precise measurement.)

Also whats even stranger is I've only had this happen on IE and never FF, but I suppose this could be coincidence as I rarely use FF. So could it be a IE virus only affecting google? Doesn't make any sense to me and if I do have a virus, why only my browser? Seems like there could be many more valuable things to do with a virus.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.