First Ever Website

pensyd

Hi Thezodiac,

Thank you for your input, greatly appreciated.

As for the 404 errors, i did have links going to older galleries, but i have turned them off while make better ones.

I am not sure what you mean by "On HD resolution you got a very wide website menu on the left content at the right."

Yes i know i have to cut down the title, i got abit carried away  :D

Thanks again.

Hi again guys,

I have found a gallery i like. I have set up the Portraits gallery working with it at the moment.

Please tell me what you think.

One issue, and sadly it is a big issue, IE doesnt like jQuery by the looks of it.  The images load one over the other but they do not do what they are suppose to do.

Is there a way around this, either with some special code to make IE work or can i put something into the code, so if it sees that its IE they are using it can redirect to another url?

If i can do the latter one i will redirect them to the original gallery i built.

Thanks

What version of IE are you testing with?  I ask because jQuery is officially supported by Microsoft, so at the very least it should work with IE8, if not IE7.

EDIT: A quick look in IE9 Beta shows that it has something to do with the image layering.  Looks like the top image is being placed on top of the actual link, causing it not to be clickable.  I can still get the animation to work by clicking next to the image.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Again,

Been abit busy with work the last couple of weeks, but i have managed to put up a gallery i like, its an image flow gallery.

You can have a look at it under the Art Nude link on the galleries page.

It does work in IE but not as good as the other.

The only thing i would like to do now though, is make it so when you click on an image to look at it full size, that it opens up in a new browser or tab. Any thoughts on what the code should be for that?

I will work on getting all the galleries up and running by the end of the week.

Thanks again for all your help guys, i really do appreciate it.

David

Ok, all the galleries are up and running now.

Let the Black & White one load there are 94 photos in that one.

Further to what i said last entry, what i would actually like to do is when someone clicks on the main photo, instead of opening another browser or another tab.

I would like it to pop up as an overlay type image. by itself with just a close option on it.

Is that possible?

Just incase you forgot or dont want to scroll back to the begining, the site is www.davids-photography.com

Thanks

Ok, all the galleries are up and running now.

Let the Black & White one load there are 94 photos in that one.

Further to what i said last entry, what i would actually like to do is when someone clicks on the main photo, instead of opening another browser or another tab.

I would like it to pop up as an overlay type image. by itself with just a close option on it.

Is that possible?

Just incase you forgot or dont want to scroll back to the begining, the site is www.davids-photography.com

Thanks

Yup, it's possible.  Lightbox2: http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/  I use it.  Very simple to implement.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.