Display contenst from 2 mysql tables on a single page

diznut

Dear All,

I have a Mysql Database of Patients with two tables.

Table 1 is Patients Personal Contacts and Table 2 holds Patients Hospital records.

Example:

Table 1:- Patient ID, Name of Patient, City, Country, Tel, Email, Postal Address

Table 2:- Visit ID, Date of Visit, Next Visit date, Diagnosis, Dr. Report, Medications

Now I need to create a PHP MYSQL page that will Display Data of certain Patient of Table 1 and Table 2 in a single Page, Also to have a Page that will be used to Enter/update Data to this Two Tables from a single page that will Hold Two Forms, one form for data of Table 1 and another Form for Table 2.To have a Searching tool, to be able to Delete Data.

The Primary Key for Table 1 is PATIENT ID and For Table 2 is VISIT ID but one patient should have only one Patient ID but he/she can have one or more Visit ID.

Hope it is under stable, Hope to read from you Guys as soon as Possible. Any Input is appreciated.

THANKS.

NOTE:
This Database is working Fine in MS Access but as you know MS access have Limit also the Security is not Good and it's not good on Multiple Connection for entering or Update data.

<?php
include 'config.php';
include 'connect.php';

$query = "SELECT c.Patient_Name,c.City, c.Country, c.Tel, c.Email, c.Postal, r.Date_visit, r.Next_Visit, r.Diagnosis, r.Dr_report, r.Medication FROM contact AS c
LEFT JOIN records AS r ON c.Patient_id = r.Patient_id
GROUP BY c.Patient_name";

$result = mysql_query($query);

$result = mysql_query($query)
  or die("Query failed: " . mysql_error() .
        "<br>Actual query: " . $query);

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_ASSOC))
{
    echo "<b>ID</b> : {$row['Patient_ID']} <br><br>".
"<b>Patient Name</b> :{$row['Patient_Name']} <br>" .
        "<b>City</b> : {$row['City']} <br><br>".
"<b>Country</b> : {$row['Country']} <br><br>".
"<b>Telphone</b> : {$row['Tel']} <br><br>".
"<b>Email</b> : {$row['Email']} <br><br>".
"<b>Postal Address</b> : {$row['Postal']} <br><br>".
"<b>Date of Visit</b> : {$row['Date_Visit']} <br><br>".
"<b>Next Visit</b> : {$row['Next_Visit']} <br><br>".
"<b>Diagnosis</b> : {$row['Diagnosis']} <br><br>".
"<b>Dr. Report</b> : {$row['Dr_Report']} <br><br>".
"<b>Medications taken</b> : {$row['Medication']} <br><br>".;

include 'closedb.php';

?>
---/////end of Code /////---

As you can see at the Code Now am Able to Dispaly Data of a patient by Single record,So I need a page that will Show all the records EXample: If a Patient have Visit Like 20 times So I need to see all Visit Dates and Only to see The Latest Next Visit, To see Each Visit date with it's Doctor report and It's Diagnosis and It's Medication.

HOPE it's understable.

Hi,

If its just one patient, and all their prior visits why not just 2 querys. First to show the patient details, the next to list all their visits in which you could use pagination etc on.

[code=php:0]$details = "SELECT * FROM contact WHERE Patient_id = {$_GET['Patient_id']}";
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($sql)) {

//list patient name + details here

}

$records = "SELECT * FROM records WHERE Patient_id = {$_GET['Patient_id']} ORDER BY Next_Visit ASC";
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($sql)) {

// List all patient records here
}[/code]

Hi There,

Thanks for the Code,It's Great Idea am going to try it and let you know.

Well one more favor, What about the PHP form which I will USe to Post New Entry into Both two Table form a Single Form,Also if I have the Details and Records of one of Patient and I need to update the Data or Enter new record to such Patient example: a new Date of Visit,Next Visit,Medication,Dr. Report.

HELP PLse.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.