Calling a .php file

_giles_

Hi all,

I’m working on my first PHP project – fill a form, email details to me, trigger a force download. All the main components work, just need to fit them together

I have a normal HTML page with a number of fields. Submit calls a .php page which checks the fields for user input, if >0  a email is dispatched to me. I have another .php page which starts a force download. Thing is how do I call this page from the end of the first script page?

It has to be after the Email check script, which means it’s in the body so I can’t use headders or page divert. A manual hyperlink (as a way of testing) works just fine, but how to I call a automatically call a URL? fopen() appears to open and READ the file, calling the page via echo”URL” also fails.

It can’t be that difficult can it?
Hope you can help

Many thanks
Giles

Typically people use meta redirect for this..

[code]<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0; http://site.com/path/file.php">[/code]

That means "Act as if you got a header called Refresh with this value".  The browser should redirect after 0 seconds (immediately).  Display a link anyway in case it doesn't work.

There's a number of javascript methods to redirect as well.

Alternatively, you can do the email check before displaying any output.  Then you can use a header redirect as usual.  That sounds like it ought to work given your setup.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.