5 replies to this topic

#1 lowe_22

lowe_22
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:36 AM

Hi,

I'm looking for a multi-featured image gallery that will allow registered user to upload images to catagories (previously defined by the admin). Also I would like a comments system and, if possible, integration with Vbulliten (and other forum) login systems to enable one login per web visit.

I know its quite a lot to ask for, but I was hoing that someone might be able to reccomend a good free one? I do not have the experience nor the time to code one myself.

The idea is that I'm planning a art community website and I want users to be able to upload artwork they have created. Sort of like deviantart, but different. That's the context.

Any suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks,

Olly

#2 AndyB

AndyB
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,465 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:57 AM

google is your friend - http://www.vbulletin...ad.php?t=111931
Legend has it that reading the manual never killed anyone.
My site

#3 lowe_22

lowe_22
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 01:04 PM

Hehe, thanks.

The problem with that one is that it is too complex for my needs... I dont' want multiple albums, or thumbai creation, I just needa to display the image, the title, the descript, comments and rating on that image.

I need the user to be able to upload photos then view his/her photos from their profile. Registering enbale user to upload images and comment/rate others.

I would write one myself, but am not that great with php, so i can't.

Any ideas?

#4 tippy_102

tippy_102
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:23 AM

I like coppermine - http://coppermine-ga...y.net/index.php, but like Gallery, it might be more than you need.

Have you checked out SourceForge? http://sourceforge.n...earch/index.php
Fur is more actively protested than leather 'cause its easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs.

#5 bpops

bpops
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:45 PM

I also like coppermine. Integrates very easily with phpBB, too, if that's your bag.

#6 lowe_22

lowe_22
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:42 AM

I have tried both coppermine and Gallery,
out of the two, gallery2 seems to be the better, for my needs... However, it seems hard to template and the admin section is a little confusing. I have looked at the docs on their wiki page but it all seems a little confusing.
I honestly need the bear minimum of features but all the galleries i find go from one extreme to the other. I need a completely customizable gallery with the basic features I described above.

There don't seem to be any out there!

I'm basically trying to create a deviantart.com type of website, but much simpler, f that's any help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users