Forbidden; You don't have permission to access...

Hi. I just installed PHP, and Apache. When i try to access a PHP file, i get this error:

[quote]Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /php/php-cgi.exe/phpMyAdmin/index.php on this server.[/quote]
This not only heppand with phpMyAdmin.. just copyed it becaus i didn't remember what it was that stood there.
What is wrong? :O
How can i fix this?

:o HELP PLEASE! :o    I have been running Linux now for a while and decided to try setting up LAMP so I have as easy a time as possible learning to design websites with only the tools available in OSS.  Anyway, I set up Apache, MySQL, and PHP correctly.  All the parts work on thier own, and I can do phpinfo() from 'localhost' so I know Apache is using the PHP module...however I installed phpMyAdmin and "dont have permission to access" any of the php stuff in it.  I can browse the .html files fine though.  Likely similar issues exist with minigod.

Looked for .htaccess and there are none in the main folder or the /scripts folder.  I assume that the actual MSA folder goes into the /html folder and not behind it since they are to be executed directly from webspace.

If I am mistaken pls help me out or point me to a good FAQ/tutorial.  I have used MySQL with phpMyAdmin before on sites that reside on paid hosts, but am having a devil of a time setting this up from scratch.

The Dog

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.